Boko-Haram-148

Notorious ‘Runaway’ Robot Shakes Russian President, Vladmir Putin During Meeting. Photos

An infamous intelligent robot that escaped from his lab twice has shaken hands with Vladimir Putin. The Russian president was touring an IT exhibition in Perm, which is becoming known as the country’s Silicon Valley, when he met Promobot.

Runaway Promobot shakes Vladmir Putin

 

The big-eyed, Russian-made machine is said to have immediately recognised Putin and enthusiastically introduced himself with a handshake.

Promobot is used as a guide, model and promotional salesman across Russia and keeps a database of prominent public figures.

However, the android has hit the headlines in the last year for his escape attempts.

Last year the rogue robot was arrested at a political rally when he was supporting Russian Parliament candidate Valery Kalachev in Moscow. Authorities attempted to handcuff Promobot and take him away.

It is believed that the arrest occurred after a member of public called police as Promobots were recording the opinions of voters on a variety of topics “for further processing and analysis by the candidate’s team.”

The robot has hit the headlines in the past, when it escaped from its lab and walked out into oncoming traffic – twice.

It caused chaos on the streets after getting halfway across the road before its batteries ran out, leaving it stranded in the middle of the carriageway.

The robot was on the road outside the research lab for more than an hour as vehicles tried to manoeuvre their way around it.

About Igwilo Emilia

Igwilo Afoma Emilia, popularly known as Emilo, is a fast rising Nigerian musician, song writer and producer. A gifted writer and social commentator, Emilo is one of the strong believers of Democracy, Freedom and Social liberty. Her passion for running a news blog stemmed from her quest for truth and desire to keep the people adequately informed about the realities around them.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

x

Check Also

lask

Kenyan journalist risks his life to save disabled beggar from a swarm of angry bees outside Supreme Court

Victor Muyakane, a reporter with Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC) has become somewhat of a national ...

Liliane

Richest Woman in the World, Liliane Bettencourt Dies at 94

Many family members and close friends have been left totally inconsolable as the richest woman ...

In this photo of Thursaday, Oct.21, 2010,  Al-Shabaab fighters display weopons as they conduct military exercises in northern Mogadishu, Somalia A failed offensive by Somalia's strongest insurgent group has left at least 20 people dead as the Islamist group attempted to recapture a district in southwestern Somalia from government forces, an official and a witness said Friday.   The attempt by al-Shabab, an al-Qaida-linked Somali militia, to win back a district near Kenya's border left 12 people injured, said local resident Osman Gelle. Gelle said the violence, which started Thursday afternoon, was the worst he had seen in more than a year.   Somali government forces took over the Beled-Hawa district last Sunday in an offensive launched to take back areas held by militants. Al-Shabab militants took control of the area in Jan. 2009 after Ethiopian troops, who had entered to support Somalia's transitional government, withdrew from Somalia. The militia group briefly lost control of the town in Aug. 2009 to Ahlu Sunna Waljamea, a moderate Islamist group allied to the government.
(AP Photo/Mohamed Sheikh Nor)

Seven Borno Local Councils Are Still Controlled By Boko Haram

It has been revealed that as many as seven local government councils in the troubled ...